Madrid, Spain | Day 2

Its been a wonderful couple days here in Madrid.  Yes, the weather is warm, but the humidity is low and it makes for great evening walks.  And if there were a place for romantic evening walks or just a place to hang out with friends this is the place.  After only a couple days here, its very apparent that the Spanish in Madrid really appreciate their free time.  A time to relax, a time to forget for a moment the past, a time to just enjoy the moment.  A moment to enjoy your family, your friends and in a place where one can put aside what you want to forget.

I hope today’s photo reflect in that mood I felt throughout the afternoon and into the evening.  My legs and feet would like a chance to relax too.  But its been well worth the effort to see as much as I had though I’ve concentrated my efforts in and around Old Madrid.

Today I began my adventure a little different.  I don’t live near any major photography stores and when Alberto from Barcelona on the Ricoh Forum saw that I was in Madrid suggested I stop by Fotocasion to check out their photo gear.  So I left the hotel via a short walk again to the bus station, two metro lines and then I exited the Green Line at Puerta De Toledo.  Then just another short walk to the store.

Going downtown | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

Fotocasion Photography Store | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

While at Fotocasion I had the chance to handle a couple Leica M Mount lenses I’d like to add to my kit which include the Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f2.8 ASPH and the Leica Summicron 50mm f2.0.  How I was able to leave with my wallet intack took untold stamina and fortitude!!!

From the store we headed back towards the central part of Old Madrid to enjoy the sites again.   All of these were taken in this area.

Craftsman at work | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

My ride | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

Symmetry | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

Tour bus | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

One of the places I didn’t want to miss tonight was…..a Chocolate Cafe.  Well we found Chocolatería San Ginés on Pasadizo de San Ginés.  It was a great break, the waiters were enjoying themselves and plenty of conversation was going on.

Fun at work | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

The Gathering

The Gathering | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

On my way home dear | Ricoh GXR, Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm

1. Pingback: Madrid, Spain | Day 1 Part 3 « Duane Pandorf

2. Simply amazing.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 20:36

3. this is wonderful! I actually have a few pics of my time abroad (including in Madrid) up on my old photoblog: http://photographytales.wordpress.com. You might like going up to Santiago Bernabéu to check out the Real Madrid Stadium–I had some fun photographing there =). Enjoy your time in Madrid!

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 20:41

• Thanks Paulina, next time I’m in Madrid I will go there. I’m back in NY now heading home tomorrow for a few days off.

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 16:52

4. Reblogged this on Spanish Heritage Alliance.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 22:34

5. Evening walk and going downtown are amazing, so are the rest but like those 2 the most 🙂

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 01:16

6. Duane – I am so enjoying you trip in Madrid!!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful captures!! 🙂 **

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 01:46

• Hope you’re well Xandré! Had a great couple of unexpected days in Madrid and I’m already back in NY!

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 16:53

7. I’m visiting Madrid in August and even more excited now! Looks beautiful.

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 08:43

• Enjoy your visit to Madrid. Its easy getting any where you want to go on the Metro or bus! BTW, take a lot of pictures!

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 16:54

8. anne

You have captured amazing light in your evening strolls. These images are gorgeous. I was in Madrid a month ago and sat at that exact table at Chocolateria San Gines. What I wouldn’t give for a chocolate con churros right now…

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 15:46

• Thanks anne, those churros were KILLER! Thought I was going to screw up my camera as I forgot to wipe off my fingers as I took a couple of the shots there ; )

Friday, June 1, 2012 at 16:56

9. A different perspective, a different vision. Life is beautiful and Duane reminds us.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 11:25

• Thanks. I feel for what is happening around Europe but know the US is not far behind.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 16:59

10. cjmarzan

“And if there were a place for romantic evening walks or just a place to hang out with friends this is the place. After only a couple days here, its very apparent that the Spanish in Madrid really appreciate their free time. A time to relax, a time to forget for a moment the past, a time to just enjoy the moment. A moment to enjoy your family, your friends and in a place where one can put aside what you want to forget.”

I had the same experience. So true!

Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 15:14

11. great work, and my favorite is ” the right atmosphere”. narrow alley, a cafe on the side and beautifully carved buildings marking of the hallway is very european to me. reminds me of my several years of stay in europe back then.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 03:50

• Thanks Galon, was a great couple days.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:41

• Those announcers were really pulling for Georgia too, weren’t they? I think they really wanted to say “Everybody’s got ‘Georgia on their mind’ now don’t they?” and then play “Georgia on my mind” in the background.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 13:26

12. andyefc

Amazing photo’s, shows the true beauty of one of my favorite cities. Muy bien!

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 08:35

13. Estive em Madrid duas vezes… Me apaixonei pela cidade.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 12:32

• This was my first time and I hope to make it back at least a second time as you have!

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 12:42

14. Reblogged this on Dark of the Matinee and commented:
    Συνεχίζω το ταξίδι στις Ευρωπαϊκές πρωτεύουσες, με την πρωτεύουσα που έχει στραμμένη την προσοχή του όλος ο πλανήτης για αυτό το σκ (ενώ κανονικά θα έπρεπε να ασχολείται με το euro και την Βαρσοβία), την Μαδρίτη. Στέλνω λοιπόν του αγωνιστικούς χαιρετισμούς μου στην Μαδρίτη με αυτό το εξαιρετικό ασπρόμαυρο φωτογραφικό λεύκωμα! Enjoy!

Friday, June 8, 2012 at 10:38

15. Pingback: Barcelona, Spain in B&W « Duane Pandorf

16. duanepandorf.com has potential, you can make your page go viral
    easily using one tricky method. Just type in google:
    Irsrod’s Method To Go Viral