Man Sketching

After posting the Lady in the Alley, I finished going through the rest of my Nice, France captures. I was not sure how to process the following photo and was about to pitch it. The sky in the alley is blown out and there was not much to see on the left side of the original image. So I cropped some of the left side out and I came across a new to me technique I think I will be using in the future while processing the image in Nik HDR Pro.

Man Sketching, Nice France

1. This is unbelievable! Great job. What did you use for post processing?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 05:46

2. Nevermind I just looked at your equipment page. I use Aperture too. I’m kinda new to the photography game, so I’m just playing around haha. You’re welcome to check out my stuff if you want. Maybe you can give me some tips

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 05:48

3. Thanks Omkar. I use the Nik Complete Collection and for this photo I used Nik HDR Efex Pro.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 05:48

4. I’m really no expert Omkar. I try to always have a camera with me and try to take pictures every day. That’s one of the reasons I really like the Ricoh GRD III. It fits in my jean pockets and can always have at least it with me.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 05:52

5. i just looked up the HDR program. did you use multiple exposures for this picture?

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 16:30

• Hi Omkar, this was not a multiple exposure picture but I did use Nik’s HDR Pro software to help with the look I was after.

Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 18:30