London Ricoh Meetup | June 14

While on my work trip last week and after leaving Barcelona, I had a one night layover in London. I contacted Cristian Sorega, who I had first met up with and posted here last November, and we agreed to meet again.  I took the train as I did last time from the Luton area down to the Farringdon Station to meet Cristian and his friend Tom.

We walked a bit and took some street shots as we headed to a local camera shop where we looked at some new and used Leica M lenses.  After the street shooting and window shopping we dropped in to a local pub get out of the light drizzle for a chance to enjoy some more conversation and a cold brew.

While in the pub, Cristian shared some of his lenses that I had not handled before along and experimented a bit with them on my Ricoh.  Once our beers were finished we headed to a local Indian Restaurant to savor a late evening dinner.

Upon leaving the restaurant, Cristian and Tom assisted me in getting to the right station to connect back to the train to Luton.

What follows are some photos I took along the way.

Waiting for the bus | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

Going for a ride | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

Hurrying home | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

After work brew | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

You looking at me! | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

Camera store shopping | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

London street scene | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

Pub time | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

Gottenham Station | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

London Metro | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

The wait | Ricoh GXR, A12 28mm

1. Great shots!! 🙂 **

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 16:06

• Thanks Zandre. I’m enjoying your blog photos too!

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 19:26

2. It was great meeting you again Duane, hope next time we will have a bit more time to show you around London some more and have more time for photography.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 18:46

• It was great seeing you again and meeting Tom for the first time. Hope to get back soon!

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 19:25

3. toemailer

We would love to post the top photo at toemail if you do not mind? http://toemail.wordpress.com

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 19:19

• You’re welcome to use the top photo or any photo, I just ask that you link back to my blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 19:25

4. toemailer

It’s posted now. Thanks so much, we really appreciate it!

Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 11:41

5. jamesjay

love the second photo, love the movement, it looks like they are having fun!!!

-james

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 00:46

• Thanks jamesjay! That was definitely a quick grab shot.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 02:50

6. JimD

I like the wait. Just a pity the cctv camera was not on the left. Try a small cut and paste.

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 01:41

• Yes I should probably make that edit. I had already done a bit of cropping and straightening and spent quite a bit of time with that one. I’ve changed my workflow and am now using Lightroom. Maybe if I get a moment I will reprocess this one! Thanks for the suggestion!

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 07:22